Legal professionals can research, draft and review documents from virtually anywhere using just one toolset, Lexis for Microsoft Office.
On the road, at the courthouse and in the office, your legal workday knows no boundaries. Many attorneys already use the Lexis for Microsoft Office add-in to efficiently draft documents that achieve the right impact. Lexis for Microsoft Office eliminates the need to toggle back and forth between document, research and proofreading tools as the full toolset is conveniently located in one place within the applications you use most often.
Now, the Lexis for Microsoft Office drafting solution is even more flexible— designed for desktop, laptop and mobile devices, including both PC and Mac.
Via the Office 365 add-in, anyone drafting legal documents can now take advantage of time-savings features including trusted legal research content in context, citation validation using Shepard’s Citation Service, quote checking tools, and a robust Table of Authorities creator designed to meet your specifications.
Quickly validate all legal citation and quotes
- Validate cited sources 72% faster by accessing Shepard’s Citations Service from within your document. The Get Cited Docs feature is shown in the image below.
- Easily display which citations already have correct style format and which may need attention.
- Confirm quotes in your document are accurate 67% faster against source documents using the Lexis Advance legal research service.
Build your Table of Authorities in minutes - not hours
- Specify layout, sorting, content and format preferences. For example, you can center your TOA, move entries within a category and customize your Table based on your firm’s style.
- Easily step through each listed authority along with the pages where each appears. Choose to delete one or multiple instances of the authority from the table, if desired.
- Use the only solution awarded Best Table of Authorities creator by readers of The National Law Journal and New York Law Journal for three consecutive years from 2014 to 2016.
Lexis for Microsoft Office has made me more productive when preparing responses to opposing counsel’s documents. It is like having an associate available to assist me at all times. —Monica Limón-Wynn, Solo Practitioner, Limón-Wynn Law, PLLC
Avoid the unneeded distraction of toggling back and forth between multiple windows and legal resources. Save time and keep your focus strong.
Defy drafting distraction with Lexis for Microsoft Office.
Download the add-in today!
*Comparison data available as of February 2016. Speed comparisons made against traditional citation checking and quotation checking steps without drafting software.
LexisNexis, Lexis, Lexis Advance, Shepard’s and the Knowledge Burst logo are registered trademarks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under license. Microsoft, Microsoft Office, Office 365 and Outlook are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. The National Law Journal and New York Law Journal are registered trademarks of ALM Media Properties, LLC. Other products or services may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. © 2017 LexisNexis.